Bandung shopping tour has been one of the most popular tour packages in many travel agencies. Many people from all over Indonesia, not to mention those visitors coming from Malaysia and Singapore, come to Bandung merely for shopping. So what makes the city of Bandung well known as a shopping paradise? Where are the best places for shopping? Read on, and you’ll find the answers to these questions.
Bandung has long been known as the only city in Indonesia where you can find so many garment and textile manufacturers, many of which export their product overseas, mainly to Middle East, US, and other countries. And just like many others, these factories also produce several grades of products, such as grade A, B, or C. We are all aware that grade A products are for export while those that do not pass quality control are sold domestically in Indonesia, and mainly in factory outlets in Bandung. That is the reason why the price of products sold in factory outlets are quite low.
Do all factory outlets in Bandung sell the same type of products? Of course not. Some factory outlets sell products from China. Anything which is cheaper than those sold at major department store.
List of Factory Outlets in Bandung
Some of the popular factory outlets in Bandung are Rumah Mode, The Secret, Heritage and Jesse James, which are mostly located on Riau Street, Ir. H. Juanda Street, and Setiabudi Street.
Bandung Shopping Tips
Below are some useful tips for those who want to go shopping in Bandung:
- All prices are fixed price so there is no need to bargain.
- Make sure to try first before buying anything.
- Most factory outlets accept major credit cards, so you do not need to worry if you run out of cash.
- All factory outlets only accept payment in either credit cards or cash (Indonesian Rupiah only, no foreign currency).
- Beware of pickpockets. Some factory outlets are a lot more crowded than the others, especially on holiday season. This is the time when you should be wary of pickpockets. Make sure that you keep your bag in front of your body.
- Make sure that you compare prices among different factory outlets before end up buying anything. Sometimes you can find the very same product(s) sold at other different factory outlet at much cheaper price.
- Check the products very carefully before deciding to buy them. As some products sold at factory outlets are those which do not pass the QC, it’d be wise if you check carefully before buying them.
- The best time to go shopping and visit the factory outlets in Bandung is during weekdays when traffic is less crowded than usual. However if you happen to be in Bandung on weekends or holiday season and decide to go shopping in the factory outlets here, make sure that you arrive early (between 9 am to 10 am) when the place is just open to public (around 9 am).
- Some factory outlets allow for adjustment. If you find that the trousers you want to buy are too long and you want it to be shortened or cut a little bit, simply go to the information center and ask them for adjustment. Usually there is no charge for this service.
Beside going shopping in factory outlets, there are still many other places known for this kind of activities, such as Pasar Baru (a 6-storey shopping center, including a food court), Cihampelas Street (popular for jeans products), and Cibaduyut street for shoes shopping. So if you plan to come to Indonesia in the near future, make sure that you include Bandung shopping tour into your program.
Check out our services below: